Nets' Williams out this week with ankle problems
- Heat look to stay alive in Game 6
- Bucks' Ellis opting out of contract
- Nuggets hire Pelicans' Connelly to be GM
- Duncan closing in on fifth championship
- Heat back on familiar grounds in Finals
NEW YORK (AP) Brooklyn Nets guard Deron Williams will miss two games this week after getting treatment on his ankles.
The Nets say Williams has synovitis, which is inflammation of the ankle joint linings, and received platelet rich plasma treatment on both ankles Monday.
Williams won't play Monday night at Indiana or Wednesday at home against Denver. He is expected to return after the All-Star break next weekend.
Williams has battled a number of minor injuries during a below-average season for the two-time Olympian, but he has missed only one game. He is averaging 16.7 points and 7.6 assists in 50 games.
Updated February 11, 2013