Gerald Wallace (ankle) out for Nets vs. Heat
- Heat, Pacers say Game 2 will be better
- Report: Raptors want Nuggets GM Ujiri
- Grizzlies G Allen fined $5K for flopping
- Grizzlies head home down 0-2 again
- Memphis' Allen to match fans' donations
MIAMI (AP) Forward Gerald Wallace will not play for the Brooklyn Nets against the Miami Heat on Wednesday night while he continues to recover from a sprained left ankle.
Nets coach Avery Johnson says Wallace' status is day-to-day, and that he'll be evaluated again before Brooklyn visits Orlando on Friday.
Wallace was hurt in the fourth quarter of the Nets' season-opener on Saturday against Toronto. He did not play in Brooklyn's loss to Minnesota on Monday.
Johnson says Wallace is "improving, but not improving at a rate where he could play in games."
Wallace scored 10 points in the opener for the Nets. He's averaged 16.1 points in 26 career appearances against the Heat.
Updated November 7, 2012