Whiteside sprains ankle vs. Hornets
- James' OT buzzer-beater gives Heat win
- Krzyzewski returning to US Olympic team
- Parker getting precautionary MRI on calf
- Spurs not taking 2-0 lead for granted
- Cavaliers win NBA draft lottery again
NEW ORLEANS (AP) Sacramento reserve center Hassan Whiteside has left the Kings' game against the New Orleans Hornets on Wednesday night after spraining his right ankle.
Whiteside was hurt was he landed awkwardly after going up for a rebound in the second quarter. He was helped to the bench, and after halftime Kings officials said X-rays were negative but ruled him out for the second half.
Whiteside had played only one minute in the game before his injury. He had appeared in 17 previous games, averaging 1.7 points and 2.2 rebounds in 6.4 minutes.
Updated April 11, 2012