Tigers' Wilk hit by foul ball while in dugout
- Harvey, Wheeler pitch Mets to DH sweep
- Youkilis out 10-12 weeks, Teixeira to DL
- Red Sox put 9-0 Buchholz on 15-day DL
- A's top Texas, Darvish winless in last 6
- Orioles hit Verlander hard, beat Tigers
CHICAGO (AP) Detroit Tigers starter Adam Wilk left Saturday's game against the White Sox after being hit in his pitching shoulder by a foul ball off the bat of teammate Prince Fielder while sitting in the dugout during the sixth inning.
The Tigers said Wilk had a bruised left shoulder but is expected to make his next start.
Wilk was making his first major league start. He left with the Tigers trailing 2-0. Wilk was holding his left shoulder as he walked into the clubhouse.
Wilk went 0-0 with a 5.40 ERA in five relief appearances in 2011. He was added to the rotation when Doug Fister was placed on the disabled list Sunday with a left rib muscle strain.
Updated April 14, 2012