Posada to throw out ceremonial 1st pitch for Yanks
- Indians rip Red Sox in Francona's return
- Cabrera's HR streak now 4, Tigers rally
- Jays win 12-6, ruin debut of O's Gausman
- Pirates top Cubs for fourth straight win
- Angels' 4 HRs back Blanton's first win
NEW YORK (AP) Newly retired catcher Jorge Posada will throw out the ceremonial first pitch before the New York Yankees' home opener Friday against the Los Angeles Angels.
New York said Wednesday that Posada will become the 11th former Yankee to throw out the opening-day pitch.
The five-time All-Star and five-time World Series champion retired in January after 17 major league seasons, all with the Yankees. The 40-year-old had a .273 career batting average, 275 home runs and 1,065 RBIs.
Updated April 11, 2012